ADHS Archives

July 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"W. Scott Haine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 19:37:02 -0700
Dear ATHG group,
    I have already spoken to some of you about a future issue of SHAR
concerning this topic, especially in regard to women.  I would like to
put out a general call for discussion and contributions on this set of
matters. I have been stimulated by what has been discussed recently on
prohibition and violence.
    Right now I am preparing a book review of some recent books on
dueling and masculinity--works of Peter Gay, Bob Nye, and Kevin
McAleer--and have been going over some of the standard works on the
history of men, such as Peter Stearns.  I will have a short article on
this matter in the next SHAR which should be out within a month.
    I wish to thank everyone, in advance, for anything they might wish
to say on this subject and for any contributions they much wish to
submit for SHAR.
    Take care,
                Scott