ADHS Archives

May 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 3 May 1995 16:59:45 -500
I know a good deal about the historical literature for the temperance
movement and the drink trade, a little about changes in the places
where people drank and what they drank and also general statistics
about alcohol consumption.  Yet I know little about the history of
drinking itself, other than the historical aspect explicit or
implicit in sociological studies.  Any suggestions?  I particularly
have in mind the Anglo-American peoples over the past couple of
centuries.  I have in mind historical research on the kind of
questions addressed in contemporary social science research.

David M. Fahey
History Department
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056-1618, USA