ADHS Archives

August 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 21:12:34 -0700
Hi Guys,
Just thought I would let you know that my book again available...

R U S H I N G   T H E   G R O W L E R is now in its 4th printing (3rd
edition) with 23 new never before published photo's and images!

By Stephen R. Powell

   "A serious student of history...his book is well researched and fully
documented...more then just brewing in Buffalo. It's a chronology of the
industry from the first small brewers to the arrival of the mega
brewers...the
demise of the home town plants, the development of American style lager, and

the microbrewery movement...an informative and entertaining book."
---------------American Breweriana Journal

  "A top ten book of the year. This is a fine example of a regional brewing
study and will, we hope, inspire more historians of this sort."
---------------American Brewer

  "Steve Powell's "Rushing the Growler," for example, is a delight to anyone

who occasionally likes to hoist a brew or two. It's a history of brewing in
Buffalo, a topic that often draws reminiscences but hasn't until now, been
brought to such a researched head."
--------------Mike Vogel The Buffalo News

 -This new edition features over 23 new images and pages of text

Rushing the Growler,
A History of Brewing in Buffalo 1795-1999- 4th edition (ISBN
0-9677119-0-8)will be available for
sale December 8th.
Reserve your copies now as supplies are limited.

THE PRICE IS $20.00 NET EACH +3.50 SHIPPING AND HANDLING. In NY state add 8%
sales tax($1.60 PER BOOK). We accept cash or money orders only.

THIS BOOK IS AVAILABLE DIRECT FROM THE PUBLISHER. For more information
contact:

Apogee Productions
52 Dorchester Road
Buffalo, NY 14222
Tel: 716-884-3201
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://www.historian.org/growler

The book is also available at the following outlets:
The Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society (in stock)
25 Nottingham Court
Buffalo, New York, 14216-3199.
PHONE (716) 873-9644 or FAX at (716) 873-8754
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
www.Amazon.com (in stock)
www.bn.com (1-2 weeks)
Waldenbooks (all 4 Western New York stores) (in Stock)
Borders Books and Music
2015 Walden Avenue
Cheektowaga, NY 14225
716-685-2844