ADHS Archives

November 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 19:55:13 -0800
Joan McCord wrote:

> What will you be studying in Algiers?  I hope you have a good trip.
>
> Joan McCord
>
> mplatts wrote:
>
> > I am amazed that none of you ever answers my questions. When any of you
> > come to Louisville I suggest you look me up, come to one of my classes,
> > you are most welcome. Meantime, I do appreciate the lists which appear
> > endlessly, despite the lack of characterization behind them.
> > Meantime, despite what you call official backing, I am off to Algeria
> > and a history lesson.
> > Martin Platts  h.c.i.m.a.
I am going research first hand the region around Cathage and the wine
trade which also involved Gibralter.
On my return I am putting my own proposal forward for a course on the
Social history of alcohol. It's content is not yet secured but will
certainly hope to run three to four semesters.
More when I come back.
Martin Platts  h.c.i.m.a.