ADHS Archives

March 2001

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Brian S. Katcher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 08:36:43 -0800
There have been many studies. A meta-analysis was published in JAMA
in 1998 (smith-warner sa, et al, 279:539-540)
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubM
ed&list_uids=9480365&dopt=Abstract> found a relative risk of 1.4 at
doses of 2-5 drinks per day. The risk is dose related. Small risk at
one drink per day. Negligible effect from several drinks per week.

Brian Katcher