ADHS Archives

February 2006

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 11:23:49 -0500
This morning I received a note from my friend Lilian Lewis
Shiman.  As she lives in the Boston area, she was able to send me a
Boston Globe obituary (27 January 06) for David Ingle.  He died at
age 71 on January 14.  He spent most of his life as a college
professor of the psychology of vision, but as a result of multiple
sclerosis spent his last years exploring a new interest.  Members of
the ADHS know him for his expertise on drinking songs.  I hope to
post an extended obituary notice on the ADHS website.  Will those who
knew David Ingle, please share with me anything that they think
should be included?  Historians are notoriously bad at recording
their own history.