ADHS Archives

February 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Frederick Rotgers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 10:38:56 EST
Despite having been one of the early folks to sign on, I haven't yet
introduced myself. I am not a historian, but a clinical researcher with
the Rutgers Alcohol Research Center Grant here at the Center of Alcohol
Studies. My interest in this group is purely personal and non-academic.
I know little about the history of alcohol use, but am very interested in
this area because I think it can inform current practice. Anyone on
the list interested in the history of alcoholism treatment? I have some ideas
about why and how our current system evolved to what it is, and where it's
going that I'd love to discuss.
Looking forward to lots of interesting and informative discussion here.
I will be on vacation for 3 weeks beginning Wednesday, 2/22, so won't
be responding to posts. I will retrieve archives, if available, when I return.

Fred

Fred Rotgers, Psy.D.
Center of Alcohol Studies
Rutgers University