ADHS Archives

February 2004

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 14:46:05 -1000
Yes, Ron. It is delightful but not factual. I can speak from my pre-Army
fraternity experience at Berzerkely in 1943, my post army experience at the
same watering hole 1946-1948, and my law experience at Stanford where my law
review gang (and that included Sandra Day and Bill Rehnquist) were working
too hard to fit the pattern. However, the legendary Rosotti's and other
Stanford drinking holes more than sufficed for Stanford. In other words, the
academic arena writes good poetry and bad history. By the way, I think you
must have stumbled on some of the drinking spots, the fraternities, and the
campus excitement of the 1940's. I don't imagine you are that old, but I do
believe anyone around Berkeley knows the legends and the facts - both. Dick
B.