ADHS Archives

February 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Sanchez, Tanya" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 14:27:59 -0600
I have a question concerning Prohibition Bureau records.  I'm working on
a master's thesis dealing with prohibition in New Orleans and am curious
as to if the records from the enforcement agency here have survived.  I
do remember reading in an historiographical essay or chapter in a book
that the records for New Orleans and Chicago were missing or sketchy at
best.  Unfortunately, I can't locate my notes on this to find out what
book this information came from.  I have been going back through all of
my notes from my secondary source readings and the books themselves with
no luck.  I don't think this was some idea I created in my mind.  I was
hoping some one on the list would be able to help me.  It seems to be a
question no one here can answer for me and I need to find this
information again for obvious reasons.  Also, I would be eternally
grateful to anyone out there who would have any pointers on primary
materials dealing with prohibition in New Orleans.  I have been living
in the archives for months it seems, but am holding out hope that there
are places I've not considered or missed that will help me flesh out my
research.

Thank you kindly,
Tanya Marie Sanchez
University of New Orleans