AIAADBF Archives

September 2006

AIAADBF@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Philip Winn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AIAA Student Design/Build/Fly Competition Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 12:59:48 -0480
These replicas have all the presence and poise of the originals after whome
they were designed at a fraction of the cost. The attention to detail is
paramount and they are comparable to the originals in every way.

+Replicated to the smallest detail
+98% A+ Accuracy
+Includes all Proper Markings
+Wide selection and fast worldwide shipping
+Authentic Weight
+True-to-original self winding and quartz mechanisms

We only sell premium watches, with 90% discount...

http://ST8E.Y2Y0YWVkY2E2ZWE4NjEwMGQ4YjI4Yjlm.smartuslikable.com

     Where had he heard that? The memory of his life on Earth was  falling
The unit comes with a PCIMCIA port along with a Sony MagiGate port. Here is where I have a big issue with Sony pushing its own technology. The Dell m700 has a multi-card reader, as do many other notebooks. So if you don't already own technology that uses Sony Memory Sticks you are forced to go out and buy a PCMCIA or USB card reader for the unit.  I wish Sony would relent and provide a multi-card reader in their laptops that supported other technologies besides their proprietary memory stick.

SuperPi:
I mentioned earlier that I own an S270, so some of this review will involve a comparison between the two.   The first thing to mention is the silver exterior. It is brushed silver and a welcome change to the fingerprint magnet black on my S270.  Also, the notorious "battery wiggle" that has plagued the S series has been greatly diminished. It is still there, but not as bad as I've seen on the S380 or on my S270.  The unit also has a "latchless" LCD, typical to the S-series line. I have worked on other Sony Laptops, specifically the FS and A Series, and the latches have broken off. So I guess Sony opted to remove the problem all together and reinforce the screen hinges below. On the S550, the hinges feel solid. There is zero screen wobble and when you close the LCD the unit stays closed. On my S270 the unit has screen and hinges feel just as tight as the day I unpacked it so I have to rate the design a very solid.

hundred and forty miles per hour wasn't nearly as  hard  as  it  had  been
Average screen quality with restrictive viewing angles