AIAADBF Archives

March 2001

AIAADBF@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
James Stenger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AIAA Student Design/Build/Fly Competition Project <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:19:40 -0500
I saw the video of this morning's flights.  The turn of events is certainly
very sad.  Congratulations, though, on the work and success achieved up to
that point.

I was working on getting, in the next several weeks, support from the
various schools (Business, Arts & Science, and Engineering & Applied
Science) to fund the travel.  The focus now has to change to getting
financial support to rebuild in the next several days.

To that end, we need two things.

   First, we need the commitment of everyone involved to give the time
needed to rebuild.  To that end, please respond yes or no to this so we
know where we stand.

Second, I would like several of you to work with me in getting the support
of the various deans as soon as possible so we can continue.  I am free
after 9AM on Monday and will be glad to set up a meeting to get this aspect
of the project rolling.

Thanks for your attention.  Again, congratulations and condolences.

Jim Stenger

James B. Stenger
Department of Manufacturing Engineering
Miami University