AIMSALL Archives

December 2012

AIMSALL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"McKee, Heidi A." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKee, Heidi A.
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2012 08:18:25 -0500
Yea! Fantastic news :-)
From: AIMS All [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Platt, Glenn J. [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2012 5:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: BA in Interactive Media Studies

I wanted to let you all know that we received word that the BA in IMS has been approved by the Chancellor and we will be graduating our first student (Jacob Berding) in a couple weeks. Just under the wire.

Hopefully the path to the MS and MFA will be much shorter! :-)

Thanks to each and every one of you who have contributed to both the BA proposal and the conceptualization and revision of the curriculum. You all should be very proud. I am very proud of all of you. This has been a two (or more) year process where we were told countless times that it could not be done. But that ultimately just made us more committed to get it done. Your commitment to your belief about developing the best academic experience possible for students passionate about digital media is what made this happen. That and a ton of work by Peg, to whom I am deeply grateful for her leadership in this process.

This gives us one more thing to celebrate next Saturday!

Truly,
Glenn