AIMSALL Archives

September 2009

AIMSALL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ted Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:08:12 -0700
I'm not sure what the limitation of the platform are but I would encourage an information architecture and user interaction model that allows for many-to-one tagging. In this way, the same asset can be tagged "Research" and "Student Project" etc..and let the user be in control of the filtering (and subsequent additional tagging)

The presentation of these sorts of tags could box you into something as messy as a tag cloud (which I love) - or as linear as multiple cookie crumb tag strings... again - not sure what the platform will support.

Totally agree that search and "popular searches" is an opportunity area

If you have to define a hierarchy - I think Jim is right is proposing the consolidate of your list into few broad classes (e.g. "Research") with nested subclasses (e.g. "Whitepapers")