AIMSALL Archives

May 2011

AIMSALL@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sean Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Duncan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 13:16:14 -0400
Hi all,

Sorry for the late, last second notice, but I completely forgot to
send out this request last week -- my Game Studies (IMS211) students
will be presenting their final research posters tomorrow at 10:15am in
room 9 Benton.  Students have worked in groups the last few weeks of
the term to put together small research studies on how people game,
ranging from studies of what differentiates experts versus novices in
playing certain games, to the complexity of language used in online
discussions around games, to surveying how players think about
collaboration in multiplayer games.

I'll be providing a variety of foods and snacks, and it will hopefully
be a fun, relatively relaxed time.  It's a poster session, so it will
be casual for the most part.  Please show up if you can and check out
what the students have done this semester!

Thanks,

--sean

Sean C. Duncan
   Armstrong Professor of Interactive Media Studies
   Assistant Professor, School of Education, Health, and Society &
   Armstrong Institute for Interactive Media Studies
   Miami University, Oxford, OH 45056
   [log in to unmask] / se4n.org