ALAS Archives

February 2007

ALAS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stephanie Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:15:24 -0500
Hey ALAS,

-At the meeting we had two candidates, Laura Walaszek and Jens Sutmoller,
discuss their campaign.  The elections are this Thursday and you can vote
on Blackboard.

-FUNDRAISING:  We need to do some major fundraising ALAS!!  We've already
got a few ideas but if you have any at all or hear of any, please email
me!!

In-between Monday:  26 February 2007.  We hope to do some sort of
Fundraising event, more info to come.

Upcoming Events:

Latino Palace:  Saturday, February 24 at Brodie's.  10pm-2:15am.

Carnaval/Locura:  Carnaval will be Friday, March 2 in Lower Alexander from
6pm-8pm.  There will be food and a presentation!  Also,there will be a $5
admission fee.
Afterwards, we have Locura at Brodie's from 10pm-2am.

USHLI Conference:  This will be during Spring Break, March 15 is when you
need to be back in Oxford.  We'll leave that evening and be back in Oxford
Sunday, March 18.  If you are going to the conference there will be a
short meeting this Thursday, February 22 at 7:15 in the ALAS Office in
MacMillan.

Relay for Life:  SIGN UP!!!! There is a $10 donation (required) but we're
hoping that everyone can raise $100.
the website is:  www.acsevents.org/relay/oh/miamiu

Would you ever be interested in running an ALAS meeting?  It's not hard or
scary!  All you need to do is come to the Exec meeting BEFORE the General
Body Meeting and we'll give you all the info you need to know.  You could
also bring in Current Events or anything you'd like to discuss.  Let me
know if you're interested!

As always there will be Conversacion y Cafe today (Wednesday) at 3pm in
King Library.

The next General Body Meeting will be March 6, 2007.

I hope everyone has a great week :)

For information and upcomming events please visit www.muohio.edu/alas