ALAS Archives

January 2009

ALAS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Paulson, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paulson, Susan
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 14:06:43 -0500
Hello ALAS! Great to see you off to a great new start in 2009, together with our nation. I just wanted to clarify a mistake in the news Stephanie just sent out.  The first event of this semester's Passionate about Latin America series is TOMORROW, not today.  Here are details:

Environmental Justice and Sustainable Development: Student Engagement in Latin America, Wednesday, January 21, 4:30-5:30pm, 163 Upham

Thomas Klak, Geography and LAS & Susan Paulson, Anthropology and LAS; Students: Keri Agriesti, Zach Hausrath, Emma Mullaney, and Sean Regan

Two LAS faculty, two grad students and two undergraduates will reflect on work with local Brazilians and Dominicans toward environmental justice and sustainability. Discussion with audience members will highlight ways that other students can become involved in social justice, environmental and sustainability movements in Latin America and the Caribbean.

Hope to see you there, Susan