ALAS Archives

April 2006

ALAS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jamie Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jamie Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:21:24 -0400
Hey everyone,
If you didn't know already, there is a young lady named Alicia who is
interested in learning more about Miami University and considering
attending next fall.  She is coming to visit on Tuesday and Wednesday and
we have been asked to spend time with her.  Katia, the woman in charge of
the visit has asked me to coordinate a schedule.  Any help would be
appreciated, she wuold love to shadow classes.  Please respond to me as
soon as possible if you can spend time with her on Tuesday Afternoon or
Wednesday.  Sasa, Katia asked me to ask you if Alicia can stay with you on
Wednesday night.  Is this ok?

Here is what I'm thinking:

Tuesday
2pm - Alicia gets here and someone from ALAS meets her/chills/classes until
6pm - ALAS meeting (is this the right time Leo? maybe earlier or later
since the next event is at 6:30)
6:30pm - Students for Peace and Justice event on Latin American Leadership
Afterwards, everyone from ALAS get together and go to Bdubs
and I would be hosting her on Tuesday night in Stoddard

Wednesday
10am - Alicia is meeting with Susan Paulson
All day is free for class shadowing, and meeting other students, this is
where we really need your help.  She is meeting with a couple of other
people, but those times havent' been set.
Wednesday evening: SLG sponsored event: Confronting Racism in the Classroom
Wednesday night - she will be hosted by Sasa in Clawson (if it's ok with
Sasa)

PLEASE volunteer your time on tuesday afternoon and during wednesday.  Get
back to me ASAP please.
THanks everyone,
Jamie

For upcomming events please visit www.muohio.edu/alas
    contact [log in to unmask] to post events