ALAS Archives

April 2007

ALAS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Stephanie Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:45:36 -0400
I know it's long but please look through it & get involved :)

Upcoming Events

April 6:  NPHC Step Show 7pm @ Hall Auditorium $10
          Fashion Show Millett @ 9pm

April 7:  African Student Union Gala @ 2pm Hall Auditorium, dinner @
4:30pm Lower Alexander

April 9:  Merengue Lessons @ 5pm.  More info to come.

April 9:  PUBLICITY MEETING for LOCURA!! We need to pub this big time guys!!

April 9-13:  Spectrum's Awareness Week

April 13-14:  Relay for Life:  Bring pillows, blankets, battery-operated
things, sleeping bags, anything else you can think of to keep you
comfortable.  ALSO- keep fundraising!  Let me know if you can think of a
theme or on-sight fundraisers we could do!

April 14:  Last Locura.  Brodie's from 10-2

April 15:  Global Village in Uptown Park from 12-4pm.  There will be
tables set up representing different countries.  If you would like to set
up a table (we already have Mexico, Venezuela, El Salvador, Brasil, &
Puerto Rico) or would like to help one of these tables just contact
Francis ([log in to unmask]) or Liz ([log in to unmask]) or me.

April 16-21:  Globalization Gone Wild

April 16-21:  Gammas Week.  Their first event will be RACISM IN THE
CLASSROOM.  If you have any stories that you would like to share (they
will be posted annonymously) send them to Michelle ([log in to unmask])
AND/OR if you would like to confidentially report any unfair, unethical,
or inappropriate treatment you can visit http://www.ethicspoint.com

April 16: Last Genral Body Meeting/ELECTIONS :)

April 17:  Salsa Lessons @ Hepburn Hall (North Quad) from 7-8:30.  Contact
Sasa ([log in to unmask]) if you need directions.

April 21:  Retreat.  Overnight @ WRA Cabin!

As you guys can see, we've got a lot of stuff coming up!  & it's not just
for ALAS it's for other organizations as well, so try to get involved :)

FUNDRAISING:  We need to do this big time.  contact Javi
([log in to unmask]) if you would like to sign up for the Psychology
Fundraiser.  Let me know if you can think of any other fundraising
opportunities.

USHLI people:  We need to get together SOON so we can do our presentation.
Be on the lookout for that meeting!

ELECTIONS:
We had a pretty good turn-out yesterday & hopefully we can have the same &
more at the last general body meeting(April 16) :)

Nominations for:

President:  Eddie, Cristina

Vice President:  Eddie, Cristina, Sasa, Stephanie

Secretary:  Stephanie

External Relations:  Cristina, Sasa, Jon Cox

Treasurer:  Sasa, Marisol

Publicity:  Juliana, Vero

WebMaster:  Ryan

**If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else, please let me
know so I can add it to the list! thanks :)

For information and upcomming events please visit www.muohio.edu/alas