ALAS Archives

April 2009

ALAS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Brock, Stephanie Nicole" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brock, Stephanie Nicole
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:00:30 -0400
This seems like a great opportunity for anyone who may be interested!

STEPHANIE BROCK
Miami University
Spanish and Latin American Studies
(513) 227-2838

Whole Again International

Memo

To:        Site Partners

From:    Reneen Mincy

CC:        Pastor Gregory Chandler Sr., Diane Payton

Date:     4/24/2009

Re:        Summer Food Enrichment Program

I would like to thank you all for being a part of the 2009 Summer Food Enrichment Program.  We look forward to partnering with you all to serve our low-income families of Greater Cincinnati.

The time has arrived to begin looking for Site Supervisors and Volunteers.  This year, we will be offering 8 Paid Volunteer Positions.  Many of you have already selected those volunteers and can recommend them for this position.  You may also forward this to people that may not participate in the SFEP program but may be a good fit.  It is very important to fill all 8 positions as soon as possible.  The deadline is May 15, 2009.  The spaces will be offered on a first come first serve basis.  I have added information on the positions below, which can be used, if you are interested, in posting the available positions.

Are you interested in doing something meaningful this summer? Devote a summer towards fighting poverty and build professional experience by joining AmeriCorps. A summer with our program will give you the opportunity to learn about non-profits in a growing grassroots organization, acquire funding towards repaying student loans or future tuition, and build experience in the social-service community.

OASHF Summer Associate VISTAs will spend 8 weeks—June 1, 2009, through July 27, 2009—working full-time with Whole Again International, a local feeding site. Summer feeding sites provide children who access the subsidized school lunch program with nutritious meals and activities over the summer. Summer associates will work within summer feeding sites to help maintain and improve the program. This can include supportive tasks, such as monitoring meal sites or recruiting volunteers from the local community. The job will also involve day-to-day tasks such as planning and preparing meals and conducting activities for the children.

Benefits

• Living allowance of $865/month

• Professional experience

• End-of-service award: $1000 for college tuition/existing student loans or $200 stipend

Requirements

• Must be able to pass basic background check

• Passion for helping others and enjoy working with children

• Reliable transportation

• College age or older

• Have no other employment obligations

To apply, go to the following link:  https://my2.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=9613&SID=c0a8060e30d7f8cf1daf5a2a4ece93cacad4c0505e86

If you have any questions, contact Joseph Cennamo at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

--
Reneen Mincy
Administrative Assistant

--