ATEG Archives

June 1998

From:
MAX MORENBERG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:16:23 -0400
Ed, I would say that the whole constituent

one being that the patient is in their own home

is a nominative absolute, with "one" as the subject, "being that the
patient is in their own home" as the "partial predicate" (since the verb
phrase is not finite, it can't be a full predicate.)  "Being" is a present
participle.  "That the patient is in their own home" is a noun clause that
functions as a  predicate noun.

I hope this analysis helps, Ed.  I think it's correct.

Max

Max Morenberg
Miami University
Oxford, OH  45056