ATEG Archives

January 2000

From:
Laura Scudiere <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:04:50 EST
As a member of this discussion list, I thought you might be interested in
Project Dragonfly's newest development: graduate teacher workshops
conducted entirely online. Check it out at
http://www.DragonflyWorkshops.org.

Dragonfly has gained a sterling reputation in education through an
award-winning national magazine and Web site, and most recently
DragonflyTV, a PBS television series in development at KTCA, St. Paul. The
National Science Foundation (NSF) calls Dragonfly "a model of what exciting
inquiry learning should be."

Now Dragonfly is launching the Dragonfly Teacher Workshops. These
Internet-based workshops approach professional development as an ongoing
conversation of discovery. Teachers K-8 earn graduate credit from their
home or school by joining other teachers nationwide in small-group inquiry
online--sharing ideas, developing lesson plans, and interacting with the
exciting Dragonfly network of educators and scientists. The Dragonfly
Teacher Workshops can meet the specific development goals of teachers,
schools, and districts. I hope you check out the Web site, and learn more
about it.

In the spirit of inquiry,
Laura