ATEG Archives

May 2007

From:
"Paul T. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 13:59:40 -0400
If it is important for them to learn to use the present tense like this,
it's likely all of your students already have experience telling jokes.
All they have to do is write in that joke telling mode. Here's an
example cribbed from Garrison Keillor.

So a Guy (likely Guy Noir) walks into a book store looking for an
opinion about an author and asks the clerk behind the counter, "Do you
like Kipling?"

And the counter clerk says, "I don't know . . . I've never Kipled."