ATEG Archives

March 2004

From:
Laura Tobias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:17:51 -0500
Thank you, Johanna, for your warm welcome to the lists.  I have been
reading your posts and those of others since about 2001 and find the
discussions very stimulating.

I'm excited about the information you were kind enough to share with me,
and I will let you know how it works.  My students are currently drafting
and revising a narrative, but we will get back to sentence skills soon.
The students I teach are in the first 0-level English course and have an
average reading comprehension level of 7th-8th grade (Nelson-Denny).  I use
sentence combining, expanding, de-combining and all that, so the methods of
explaining embedding you suggest should be very understandable to them.

Thank you,

Laura M. Tobias
English Department
Mott Community College