ATEG Archives

December 1998

From:
Brandi Sidley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 19:44:04 EST
I am a senior Engilsh major and am doing research on the grammar debate.  I
have read Rei Noguchi's and Constance Weaver's books, the November 1996 issue
of English Journal and articles by Ed Vavra and Martha Kolln as well as
Patrick Hartwell's grammar chapter from College English.  I do not want anyone
to do my research for me but would appreciate any input or opinions you may
have.  I have just subscribed to this list and am looking forward to learning
from it as well as participating in it.  I have not come to a conclusion
regarding my feelings on the formal teaching of grammar--so, here's your
chance!  THANKS in advance!