ATEG Archives

August 2009

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:35:34 -0400
Here's another response from ADS-L.

DARE's entry for "spigot" says that it's usually pronounced /spIg@t/,
but also "widespread, but more frequent east of the Mississippi River"

Herb
Herbert F. W. Stahlke, Ph.D.
Emeritus Professor of English
Ball State University