ATEG Archives

September 2008

From:
richard betting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:36:08 -0500
ATEG members and lurkers:
This is just to announce my new email address: [log in to unmask]
This replaces [log in to unmask]
My HP pc crashed and burned two weeks ago, taking my address book with
it, and all of
the communication with ATEG members about Grammar Today.  Lots of
words used, some
new, some old. A language lesson, one that I always liked to teach. A
couple of students would
usually say that they could not attend the class on vulgar language
because it violated their
values. Fine, I said. Just bring me your drop card. But . . .
but . . . Well, if we can't
use language to discuss the language we use--and keep the two
straight--you probably should
think of majoring in something else.
I still encourage suggestions about Grammar Today. Please use my
personal address. A
revised edition will be printed next year.
Thanks. Richard Betting, Emeritus Prof, Valley City State University