ATEG Archives

June 2000

From:
Marcy Nicholas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:19:29 -0400
In one of these posts about putting grammar back in the curriculum, someone mentioned the problem of how to teach grammar in a writing course without taking up "gobs of time." And this was one of my concerns in my first post to list: how do I fit in grammar in a 15-week freshman composition course, when I have so many other things to cover? After my first post to this list, Johanna Rubba mentioned Rei Noguchi's Grammar and The Teaching of Writing. I've read through it, and I'm wondering if anyone on the list has applied Noguchi's concepts, how he/she has implented them, and how well the method worked. You can respond to me personally, if you wish.

And by the way, I apologize for not including my signature in my first post. I thought I had attached it....
Marcy H. Nicholas
Penn State York
Instructor of English
1031 Edgecomb Avenue