ATEG Archives

August 2009

From:
Phil Bralich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 00:17:55 -0700
Relative clauses, like prepositional phrases, can be either adverbial or adjectival.
Modifiers of location and time are simply not adjectival.  Time and location are
aspects of verbs and adverbs not nouns.  No adjectical of any way
or sort could ever indicate time or location.  They answer the questions
of "where" and "when" and thus are adverbial and modify the verb not the noun
that is the apparent but false antecedent.

Phil Bralich