ATEG Archives

April 2004

From:
Omar Johnstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 20:32:22 +0300
Paul E. Doniger wrote:

>Dear list members,
>
>As you know, from time to time, some Unsolicited Commercial E-mails (UCEs or
>SPAM) come through the list to all of us. When this happens, I forward these

I'll bring this up again since I've just been bounced from the list
because my address is "reporting delivery errors".  This has probably
been because my spam filter, I'm running MailWasher, is automatically
bouncing spam coming through the ATEG list back at the server. The only
reason this happens is because it is, apparently, easy for people to
spam this list; and there has been a lot of it lately.

I think it makes more sense to bounce spammers rather than to bounce
list members.  Perhaps I should pay more attention where all this porn
is coming from. In the meantime, I will have to re-subscribe.

Regards,

Omar Johnstone
King Saud University
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia