ATEG Archives

May 2005

From:
Karl Hagen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 15:21:33 -0700
As I recall, appositives in R-K diagrams are put in parentheses, so I
think it should look something like this (although, frankly, I rarely
use R-K diagrams, so I may be off here):

                (that)
                ------
                   .
                   .
             who | . has | rating

           polls | say | / \
                 |  |

  President Bush ( / \)| is making | adjustments

Karl Hagen
Department of English
Mount St. Mary's College