ATEG Archives

January 2004

From:
Jaramillo Amy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 07:27:41 +0300
Herb,
The question about the role of diagrams in the K-12 class is difficult to
answer because it is almost shameful to admit that I have used them.  There
are sometimes such strong feelings about their relevance.  My justification
when I have used them with any students grade 8-12 is not based in
particular methods for language instruction, but for meeting the needs of
students who have strong spatial intelligence or learn best kinesthetically.
I have had students tell me they were "very helpful" and some students found
them fun.  It was my Asian ESL students who really took to them.
Amy