ATEG Archives

October 2006

From:
Geoffrey Layton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:26:32 -0500
John -

There are two approaches here - the best, as you indicate, is the full-blown
"empirical" evidence study that will spark a successful counter-reformation
and win back wayward protestant souls.
Craig suggested the other approach, to begin academic rebuttals of the
foundational Hillock Theses that were hung on the NCTE church door so long
ago.

Can we start this conversation in various NCTE journals as well as the
various rhetoric rags?  This may then lead to support for a more full-blown
emperical study that you suggest.

Geoff

>May I, however, in the smallest of voices, request once again that we
>hold our feet to the same fire as we request of "them":  that we
>present empirical evidence in support of whatever we come up with.
>Saying that this approach or that approach is better because ATEG says so
>isn't going to win many converts.
>
>John

Use your PC to make calls at very low rates
https://voiceoam.pcs.v2s.live.com/partnerredirect.aspx