ATEG Archives

August 2010

From:
Craig Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Aug 2010 11:52:27 -0400
Herb,
   I agree that we may not need this level of distinction outside of
linguistics classes. But I wonder how you might advise countering the
notion that people are being lazy when they don't pronounce things
"properly" when they speak. I think it might help to say that there is
a more or less "scientific" explanation for it, but how might we water
that down without being inaccurate?

Craig

 Brett,