ATEG Archives

January 2000

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:42:50 -0500
As usual, Bill has a fascinating and tough response to a thorny problem.

I wonder if your second paragraph supports my own suspicion that the
teaching of grammar can be a powerful aid to the improvement of reading
skills. Is there any solid research that supports this "far out" idea? Could
Amy use this as an argument on her side?

Paul D.

"Reason enslaves all whose minds are not strong enough to master her." - G.
B. Shaw