ATEG Archives

October 1999

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 18:25:54 -0400
Hey everybody,

Do count me in, too, especially for the secondary school segment.

Thanks,

Paul D.

From: Connie Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, October 19, 1999 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: software

>Yes, I'd definitely be interested in such a Web site--with software for
secondary and middle school, too.

>Connie Weaver
>Western Michigan University
>

>Helene Krauthamer wrote:
>
>> I am also interested in finding literacy software.  In our writing lab,
here at Bowie State University, we have some software packages given to us
by the publishers of the textbooks we've adopted, that require no
authorizations.  One is called "Writing Tutor IV" by Harcourt Brace.  It is
a very comprehensive grammar package for several levels.  We also have
"Grammar Workouts" from Norton.  We are trying to get Weaver upgrades  for
both Reading and Writing instruction, but these are costly.
>> I have been considering developing a website that lists and evaluates
this type of software, but I'm not sure if there's enough interest out
there.  If you'd be interested in such a website, kindly let me know.