ATEG Archives

September 2009

From:
"STAHLKE, HERBERT F" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:24:25 -0400
If I remember correctly, a few years ago Dick Hudson reported on a similar policy statement in the UK and also pointed us to the UK grammar curriculum.  I don't have the email anymore, but his web site provides the following links:

http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/dick/kal/top.htm

Hudson's commentary on the UK strategy for teaching grammar in the schools

http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/dick/tta/KS3.htm

A tutorial for teachers teaching grammar.

http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/dick/writing.htm

His critical survey of the research on the relationship of grammar to writing.  He reviews both con and pro studies, including a considerable bibliography.

Herb