ATEG Archives

June 2000

From:
"Wollin, Edith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 17:40:55 -0700
I would just like to add to Johanna's history that even the change from
irregular to regular verbs has not been wholly consistent.  If I remember
right, freeze used to be a regular verb and became irregular and others
changed their irregularity!  As Johanna says, it's the speakers of the
language that do this--not English teachers, as we sometimes are accused!