ATEG Archives

September 2008

From:
diane skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 17:43:41 -0700
The use of Semiotics has spread across many disciplines:
Art and Advertising, Cognitive Sciences, Cultural Semiotics Studies, and even
American Sign Language Studies.

Book:
Social semiotics
By Robert Hodge, Gunther Kress
Published by Cornell University Press, 1988

Articles: (I am not sure of the publishers, sorry)
Donnie Darko and It's Use of Semiotics
A Communication Theory Paper, Linking the Theory of Semiotics and the
Film Donnie Darko
By Lou Larsen, published Nov 12, 2006

Musicology and Semiotics: A Non-Traditional Approach to Studying Popular Music
By Timothy Sexton, published Jul 20, 2006

Diane