ATEG Archives

July 1999

From:
SIRAISI Tomio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 06:53:28 +0900
The other day, I came across the following passage (William Safire,
Watching My Language 1997: 32) but I did not understand the meaning
of "spinmeiser". I looked it up in several dictionaries, but did
not find the entry.

"After the first 1992 presidential debate, not a single spinmeister
worked the pundit crowd on the subject of the best use of language.
Thus, wholly uninfluenced, and with the all-important English teacher
vote at stake, I will undertake the linguistic (in contrast to the
political) analysis."

Would you tell me What the word means?

Thanks in advance.

SIRAISI Tomio