ATEG Archives

June 1998

From:
Michael Kischner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 12:48:59 -0700
I see the whole phrase -- "one being that the patient is in their own
home" -- as a nominative absolute phrase.  So "being" is the is a
transformation into a participle of "One is that the patient is in their
own home."  "One" is of course the subject of the nominative absolute
phrase. And "that the patient is in their own home" is a noun clause
functioning as subject complement to "one."