ATEG Archives

May 1998

From:
Martha Kolln <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 11:22:37 -0400
This is just a reminder to all of you who have been considering a trip to
Seattle in July (17& 18) for the annual ATEG Conference.  By all means, put
the conference on your calendar.

We will be accepting proposals until June 1--so it's not too late!
Remember, we are interested in hearing about all aspects of grammar:
applied linguistics, ESL, language acquisition, the reading/grammar
connection, the composition/grammar connection, teacher preparation,
classroom practices at all levels.

So far we have a wide range of programs on the schedule, including these:
functional grammar for at-risk students
learning-teaching theory based on brain research
language and sociocognition
concrete grammar
teaching grammar in the corporate world
grammar on the web
grammar in Ludwig Bemelmans' Madeline
grammatical competence and punctuation
semantics of the infinitive and gerund dichotomy
research on Oregon's secondary English curriculum

We're also going to hear from Johanna Rubba, who has contributed so much to
our ATEG grammar conversation here on the Net.  (We're all looking forward
to meeting you, Johanna.)

So you have another week to get your proposals to me--either by e-mail or
the other kind.  Feel free to phone me too:  814-355-4666

For information about conference registration and arrangements, contact
Michael Kischner ([log in to unmask])  Phone 206-528-4540.  FAX
206-527-3784.

We hope to see you in Seattle.

Martha Kolln
ATEG President