ATEG Archives

July 2008

From:
Robert Yates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:06:53 -0500
Tabetha,

I have no idea how second graders are tested on nouns.  What are the questions?

In the meantime, do second graders have any knowledge about nouns.  Of course, they do.

I am bothered by the semantic definition of nouns.

I would think that second graders can do mad-libs.  Any decent mad-lib will have a blank that requires a noun.  The definition then becomes and word that can go in that blank.

Bob Yates, University of Central Missouri