ATEG Archives

October 2019

From:
황규홍 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2019 14:23:36 +0000
As far as I know, we can analyze the sentence in the following way.

The sentence originates from the following sentence:

I spend the whole day ON studying math.

So studying math is a gerund which is a complement or an object of the preposition ON. It seems that ON is often omitted. From a generative perspective, you can say that there is a phonetically null counterpart of ON.

In the above, studying is a verbal gerund so it takes math as its complement or an object without such preposition as OF.

In a sentence like the following, we often omit IN. This is the same as the above case.

I have difficulty (in) studying math.

I hope my explanation can answer your question.

³ªÀÇ iPhone¿¡¼­ º¸³¿

2019. 10. 12. ¿ÀÈÄ 9:31, Greg Campbell <[log in to unmask]> ÀÛ¼º: