ATEG Archives

February 2012

From:
Karl Hagen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 14:33:43 -0800
My intuition says that they're both correct.

Google's Ngram viewer shows that "excited to" is the traditional form, and "excited about" caught on in the 19th century, overtaking "excited to" between the world wars. It's now the more common form, but "excited to" is by no means dead.

http://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=excited+to%2C+excited+about&year_start=1800&year_end=2000&corpus=0&smoothing=3

Karl