ATEG Archives

June 2000

From:
"Paul E. Doniger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 22:09:42 -0700
Bob,

Are you talking about "National Standards" a la the system used in France?
Every school in the U.S.A. should be on page twelve by the fourth week of
the school year-sort-of-thing? I don't think, even if it COULD happen, it
ever would. Even if it DID happen, I doubt that it would accomplish what
we're after. And certainly it would stifle any creative teaching.

Paul E. Doniger
The Gilbert School