ATEG Archives

May 2001

From:
Haussamen, Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 12:35:52 -0400
Hi Shun,
    No need to get frustrated.  Some grammar topics bring out a lot of
the wayside.  Perhaps you could fill us in a little more on what you would
like to know about such phrases.  Patsi's comment covers the basic
linguistic pattern, it seems to me.  As for the grammar books, there
sometimes is no hard-and-fast rule for seemingly important structures.  Do
you have any thoughts about how those adverbials are used, or should be
used, or why they are used the way they are?

Brock Haussamen