ATEG Archives

January 2004

From:
Dawn Burnette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:26:58 -0500
I think Ed hit the nail on the head: Sometimes we're a little too concerned with
the little stuff.  The important thing is that we understand the grammar well
enough to analyze the structure.  I wrote the "phrase" in question on my board
today and offered it to my students for discussion.  I enjoyed listening to their
dialogue--that matters more than the answer we finally agree upon!
Dawn