ATEG Archives

May 2005

From:
"Veit, Richard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 13:35:29 -0400
I will second what Karl says. About ten years ago I was, for several years, a grader for the ECT (English Composition Test) and was impressed by the training and monitoring of readers and the efforts to get consistent scoring. I'd say the the essay tests are no less (or more) reliable a measure of general writing ability than the other SATs are at measuring verbal and quantitative ablities.

Dick Veit