ATEG Archives

January 2000

From:
EDWARD VAVRA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 13:47:52 -0500
Janet,
    Could you be more specific about what is "daunting" in the Washington Standards. I have looked at the page you posted, but, as I read them, the "standards" are basically meaningless (at least in regard to grammar) ¯ and hence, nothing to worry about. Has the state put out anything more specific regarding how these "standards" will be measured/tested?"
Thanks,
Ed V.

-------
The Washington State Essential Academic Learning requirements are available at
http://www.k12.wa.us/reform/ealr/ealrs.htm.  Teachers I know are finding
these quite daunting.  It seems only fair to try to help my students prepare;
I just hope it's within my power to do so in the relatively short time I have
with them.

Well, I guess now that I said I was going to do this, I better start working
on it!

Janet Castilleja
Heritage College
Toppenish WA