ATEG Archives

April 2005

From:
Edward Vavra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:48:30 -0400
I received the following request and was given permission to repost it
here. You can reply directly to Mr. Woods, or you can reply back to the
list.
Thanks,
Ed

Do you know of any studies linking reading comprehension, especially
the improvement of reading comprehension, with improving grammatical
knowledge? Has anyone shown that we can improve reading comprehension by
teaching grammar? Has anyone shown a link between syntactic
understanding and reading comprehension? Is there a link between grammar
instruction and improved syntactic understanding?

Thanks for any help you can give,

Scott W. Woods
AAEC Charter High School